hOmE         aBoUt mE         mY wOrKs         fAceBoOk         cOnTaCt mE

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Drip Coffee


Inversion Coffee House has been a discovery for me this weekend! Attached in the hip to the the Art League Houston, this coffee house is the most uncommon I have ever visited. If you visit, you will be staring. The art installations in the house are so capturing, its hard not to go...aaaah but oooohhhh!! I know I must sound like a child visiting the toy emporium but I cannot stop myself from sharing this. There is a wall inside that is covered with David Scott Lindsey's paintings from ceiling to almost the floor(as my very enthusiastic friend is pointing out).

And the window! The window has the remnants of a huge tunnel that artists Dan Havel and Dean Ruck constructed with wood from two old bungalows that were on the site years ago. This tunnel ran through the Art League building before spilling into the garden outside. No space is meant to be just space. There are moss grown sculptures in the garden that give you company in case your loneliness isn't voluntary. And of course the place has a subtle sense of humor that catches even the laziest eye.
Overall, my Drip Coffee(the first on their menu) was way more than just coffee.........my coffee, my legs folded to my chin on the chair in the garden, the cool breeze on a scathing hot day, all the while knowing I was surrounded by artists who created all of it just for me, perfect:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Thru Email